Friday 10 February 2012

Enterprising Design Technology

This term we have been looking at enterprise and how manufacturers survey customers before producing a new product.

We started by testing different biscuits; examining looks, taste, and texture. This helped us to inform our choices when designing our own biscuits. Yesterday we had fun making our biscuits.  Thank you Mrs Child, Mrs Cawthorne and Mrs Box for your hard work.

Softening the butter

Mixing in the sugar

Making the dough

Working in teams

I'll just make sure that you're doing it right!


Having fun
Checking against the design

Production line

Thank you Mrs Box

Lots of tasty toppings - which should I choose?
A Sikh Khanda



Our next step is to evaluate the finished biscuit against the design.  How well do you think we managed to produce them?

8 comments:

  1. I like it! We produced them well. I think the pictures resemble the biscuits very well!

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. iI really enjoyed doing the biscuits it was very fun and active !!!!


    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is from Mrs Williams who is in London with nephew Alex (6) and niece Eva (4)

    Alex says, "I like Amarah's biscuit best! i like the way the pattern starts on the outside and goes round in circles! Excellent!"

    Eva says, "I like the alien one best because it has loads of nice things to eat on it!!"

    Mrs Williams says, "blogging is fun! I like seeing your work and being able to show my family!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. STOP IT YOU'RE MAKING ME HUNGERY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW IT MAKES ME MOUTH-WATER AAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!

      Delete
  5. the pictures are so beautiful and it looks soooooooooooooooooo
    sweet.


    It makes me want a mwllow summer's strawberry coated with
    chocolate.

    yummy yummmy in my tummy
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Amarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i enjoyed the taste of those biscuits

    ReplyDelete
  7. mine tasted amazing
    Robbie

    ReplyDelete